Can I go into teaching if my degree is not a National Curriculum subject?
- For primary teaching, you teach across the whole National Curriculum and therefore your degree does not need to be a National Curriculum subject.
- For secondary teaching, if you wish to teach a subject which differs from your degree then you need an ‘A’ level in that subject.
What shall I do if I studied abroad?
- If any of your qualifications are not from a UK institution then you must ask ENIC for an equivalency statement to ensure your qualifications meet our entry requirements.
Do I choose my placement school?
- If you are presently working in a school in Essex, or know of a school that would be happy to train you, then please give us a ring to discuss the matter further.
What Ofsted grade are you?
- We have been graded Outstanding since 2006, and are renowned throughout Essex for produced outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers
What do I do if I am interested in applying to your SCITT?
- Pick up the phone to have a chat or come to one of our drop in sessions. We also run taster days in our teacher training schools so you can speak to current trainees and newly qualified teachers, to get a true feel of how we care for our trainees. Full details can be found under the ‘Information Events’ tab.
Why should I choose your SCITT?
- We care about your training. We want to provide you with an experience that sets you up as a teacher who will inspire your pupils and make them want to learn. We can support you for the rest of your career.