Why train with us?
● We have 26 years of experience and were rated an outstanding provider in our most recent Ofsted inspection
● We work closely with the 50 excellent local schools to provide a training placement that is just right for you
● We place you in a school at the very start of your training so you have the best opportunity to develop as a professional. You are guaranteed a minimum 125 days of teaching experience during the course.
● We give you opportunities to experience a variety of educational settings. As well as a second teaching placement in a contrasting school in the Spring Term, we also arrange a varied programme of visits to Early Years Settings, Special Schools, a Pupil Referral Unit and schools with expertise in English as Additional Language Teaching.
● We provide an exciting and inspiring course of academic lectures and workshops delivered by outstanding classroom practitioners to give you the theoretical background for your teaching
● We ensure you have personalised support for every aspect of the course. You will have a Professional or Course Tutor to oversee your overall progress, a Lead Mentor or Lead Subject Mentor to provide regular training and support specific to your phase or subject specialism and a Class Mentor or Subject Mentor in your placement school who will be by your side every step of the way to give you support and advice. Your course tutor and mentors visit you regularly and all work as a team under the leadership of the Course Director to ensure you make great progress.
● We make training arrangements to suit you. We train new graduates and career changers, we organise full or part time placements*, and we can arrange training leading to QTS only or to QTS and PGCE.
When I finished my training with BEC Teacher Training I was confident that I had acquired all the skills needed to become a successful teacher” Kevin
*part time available on secondary programme only